NEW CANAAN, CT — Following a rash of recent vehicle thefts, New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski again implored residents to lock their vehicles, because a gang from Waterbury has been identified as suspects in the string of thefts throughout town and Fairfield County.
A total of four vehicles were reported stolen in New Canaan over a recent weekend, all of which were unlocked and with the keys inside, according to Krolikowski. Two of the vehicles were recovered in Waterbury within a day or so.
“These crimes are being committed by suspected gang members from Waterbury,” wrote Krolikowski in a statement, and offered tips to avoid being a victim. “Many towns in Fairfield County are experiencing similar crimes from the same gang.”
Below is Krolikowski’s full statement:
On November 4, 2017, our Department received a complaint that two vehicles (2017 Mercedes E400; 2017 Acura RDX) were stolen from the driveway of a residence on Forest Street. Both vehicles were unlocked and the keys were inside of each vehicle.
Both vehicles were recovered in Waterbury.
On November 5, 2017, our Department received a complaint that one vehicle (2015 Infiniti QX60) was stolen from the driveway of a residence on Weed Street. This vehicle was unlocked and the keys were inside of the vehicle.
On November 5, 2017, our Department received a complaint that a vehicle (2009 Audi A4) was entered on Old Kings Highway. This vehicle was unlocked and nothing was stolen.
These vehicle thefts and the vehicle entry occurred during the early morning hours.
These crimes are being committed by suspected gang members from Waterbury. Many towns in Fairfield County are experiencing similar crimes from the same gang.
These crimes would have been prevented by following the tips below:
1. KEYS: When unattended NEVER leave the keys to your home or car inside a vehicle or in a place where a thief can find them. Do not leave the valet key, key fob or garage door opener inside of your vehicle.
2. LIGHT UP YOUR HOME: At night, keep the perimeter of your home & driveway well lit. Low energy lighting switched on and off by photoelectric sensors (low light switches) is a cost-effective way to discourage criminals.
3. LOCK-UP: ALWAYS lock all doors, garage doors and windows of your car and home whenever you leave, day or night, even for a short time. If you have a garage, put your car in it and lock/alarm both the car and the garage. All of the thefts from vehicles and vehicle thefts that occur in our Town involve unlocked vehicles.
4. SECURE VALUABLES: NEVER leave valuables in your vehicle. Often, identity theft occurs when drivers’ licenses and credit cards are stolen.
5. USE YOUR ALARM SYSTEM: ALWAYS activate your home and car alarm systems. Many successful crimes that occur in our Town involve houses or cars that have alarm systems that were not activated.
Be better informed, connected, and send anonymous tips to our Department by downloading the “MYPD” application in the iPhone or Android marketplace. After downloading the application search for “New Canaan” and get connected.
Follow us on Twitter@newcanaanpolice for crime alerts.
Never hesitate to contact NCPD at 203-594-3500 for assistance.
Image via Shutterstock
(Editor’s Note: Patch is re-posting this story in case you missed it the first time around.)
15 Taboos About Acura Key Fob You Should Never Share On Twitter | acura key fob – acura key fob
| Encouraged to help my personal website, in this period I’m going to demonstrate regarding keyword. And from now on, this can be a 1st graphic:
How about picture earlier mentioned? is actually that will remarkable???. if you’re more dedicated consequently, I’l t teach you many image all over again down below:
So, if you want to obtain the magnificent pictures regarding (15 Taboos About Acura Key Fob You Should Never Share On Twitter | acura key fob), click on save icon to save the photos for your pc. There’re all set for download, if you’d rather and want to own it, simply click save logo in the article, and it’ll be directly down loaded in your pc.} As a final point if you like to gain new and the latest photo related with (15 Taboos About Acura Key Fob You Should Never Share On Twitter | acura key fob), please follow us on google plus or book mark this blog, we try our best to offer you daily update with all new and fresh pics. Hope you enjoy staying here. For most up-dates and latest news about (15 Taboos About Acura Key Fob You Should Never Share On Twitter | acura key fob) graphics, please kindly follow us on tweets, path, Instagram and google plus, or you mark this page on book mark section, We attempt to provide you with update regularly with all new and fresh photos, love your surfing, and find the best for you.
Here you are at our website, articleabove (15 Taboos About Acura Key Fob You Should Never Share On Twitter | acura key fob) published . Today we’re excited to announce we have found an incrediblyinteresting contentto be reviewed, namely (15 Taboos About Acura Key Fob You Should Never Share On Twitter | acura key fob) Lots of people looking for details about(15 Taboos About Acura Key Fob You Should Never Share On Twitter | acura key fob) and definitely one of them is you, is not it?